Plans & Fees
The Communal Healing Module is an MSP-covered program that takes a scientifically proven group-based approach to treatment of disease and improved quality of life. A focus on shared experiences creates emotional support for patients who share a diagnosis, and sequential modules allow patients to better understand their condition so they can work towards sustainable health goals. Over 80% of patients report that the group setting yields increased time with their physician and increased patient satisfaction than standard medical visits.
To be eligible for the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome program, patients must present with all of the following:
- a major decrease in ability to complete tasks (work, school, social
or personal activities) before feeling sick, and has worsened in the last
- post-exertional malaise
- unrefreshed sleep
- extreme fatigue that is:
- new or has not been a lifelong problem
- not caused by long periods/bouts of activity
- not much better after resting
- cognitive impairment, OR feeling dizzy or faint while standing or sitting upright
To be eligible for the Cardiometabolic Syndrome program, patients must experience 3 or more of:
- elevated fasting glucose
- elevated triglycerides
- reduced HDL
- central obesity
How to enroll in our program
- Ask your doctor if you meet the criteria for any of the above diagnoses and have them fill out a standard consult referral form and fax it to Balance Medical Center.
- Once you have been referred to us, our clinic will send you a pre-screening questionnaire and a description of the program to ensure it’s the right fit for you.
- After you fill in the questionnaire, the clinic will evaluate it. Once approved, we will contact you to enroll in the program.
- After you enroll we will send you an information package, a consent form, and an intake form for you to fill out.
- These are complementary services at the beginning and end of the program. The results will serve as a baseline for tracking how your physical and mental health improve throughout the program.
- HRV reflects the level of stress in your system which in turn affects inflammatory pathways common to many illnesses. HRV biofeedback is a powerful tool to help you improve your mind-body connection, decrease stress by increasing vagal tone, and heal from disease.
- Your first visit will be a 1-on-1 with Dr. Kelly Barnett, our Internal Medicine and Integrative Medicine Specialist. The visit will include a review of your history and a thorough physical exam. It helps Dr. Barnett get to know you before the group session but it also allows her to get started on any necessary lab work and treatments.
- After the first visit, you will have a 15-30 minute follow-up to review lab-work and see how any new treatments are going. It will also help prepare you for the upcoming group sessions.
- You will attend a series of 7 online physician-supervised group medical visits: 90 minutes each, 1 week apart. Along with a typical medical appointment check-in, these group sessions include an interactive Q&A component.
- Each week’s modules will be themed around approaches to conventional medicine as well as lifestyle and complementary therapies that deal with diet, exercise, sleep, environmental health, stress management and mental well-being, specific to your condition.
- You will receive your body composition biofeedback analysis at the end of the program to track positive changes against your beginning baseline.
- The final session will involve integration of the program modules to ensure sustainable healing and well-being.
- Any necessary follow up with Dr. Barnett will be available as needed.