There have been an abundance of super foods touted in the mainstream media recently that claim to do a number of things – improve memory, support immune function, decrease inflammation. Some superfood claims are backed by scientific studies while others are merely passing fads with little nutritional value. Incorporating some high-quality super foods into your diet can indeed elevate your daily nutritional intake and bestow long-term health benefits to you and your family. One such super food is Chaga Mushrooms! The Chaga Mushroom is a slow maturing mushroom which grows primarily on birch trees, obtaining nutrients from its host and making these nutrients available to us. It is most commonly brewed into a surprisingly tasty herbal tea.
Health benefits of the “King of Mushrooms” include:
· Protecting cell components against free radicals and DNA degradation.
· Increasing longevity by slowing the aging process.
· Improving the blood.
· Nourishing skin and hair through its melanin compounds.
· Improving digestion, relieving digestive distress and candida.
· Treating chronic fatigue syndrome, flu, and HIV.
· Inhibiting the cell mutations that are associated with cancer.
· Fighting cancerous tumors, especially in mammary glands & sex organs.
· Fighting Hepatitis, ulcers, diabetes, and gastritis.
· Fighting inflammation and inflammatory disease, such as Shingles.
· Knocking out the common cold and fighting viruses.
· Detoxifying the liver.
Source: Giddy Yoyo
Balance Medical Center has sourced out high grade, hand-picked 100% Raw Wild Canadian Chaga available courtesy of our friends at Giddy Yoyo. It is now available to all our patients.
By Kavita Verma
Owner, Balance Medical Center